Tuesday, January 1, 2008

One Thing Carried Over

All is at an end they said
Leave it all behind and move along
So I do my best to wash it away
All the grime and rust,
Everything you and I say
But one thing follows
Like a shadow, it stays
Hope or Love,
I can't figure out which
Both I suppose
Intertwined together

Ever it follows
And ever I wait
I never want much a lead
And though I don't always understand it
I can't bring myself to leave it

So into this New Year, I'm carried along
On a wave of hope, to shores of love, with many songs

One day I'll see her
I know that it's true
You may say I'm a dreamer
So? Why aren't you?

It doesn't take much to go with the crowd
It's pretty easy to hear, they all sing it so loud
But me? I'll stay different
And believe in a fable
Those are the best,
told while sitting
(drinking)
'round the table

Happy 2008!
Best wishes for ya'll!
Happy New Year!

Matt

No comments: