Friday, December 28, 2007

Abroad...

So we are in a little town in Germany named Huttenberg, I believe, just outside of Gießen (Giessen) about an hour due north of Frankfurt.
I'm learning a little bit of German, though I can't remember a lot of it. Maybe after a few days, I'll start to remember it better... I understand more today than I did yesterday ;)

Today we went to Marburg and walked around the city a bit. All the stores were closed, but we looked in the windows. We walked up to a castle, which was cool. the streets were all cobblestone, and from the castle you could see the town spread out below on both sides...
Then we hiked back down and went to a pub that was set in a basement, wine celler type. Really nice. Great place to enjoy real, good, german beer, in Germany :) mmm...

We are planning on renting a car and driving from Munich, to Salzburg, to Prague, to Berlin, then to Oldenberg, where Val is working. It should be a very fun trip. We leave on the 30th. So you may, or may not, get another blog before we go.

Anyway, I'm having fun. Hope you all are doing well. Talk to you again soon.

Matt

Oh and Sarah, I think your sisters are doing a better job taking care of me right now :) Val has done a wonderful job keeping me in the know on conversations.
But don't worry, I'll not let anything happen, long as I can help it, I assure you.

1 comment:

autumn said...

Sounds like you are having fun! I was right around that area with my grandparents in 2003!