Saturday, January 26, 2008

Screaming

There's the world that "is" and there's the world I see
There's the world that "was" and the one that "ought to be"
What "is", what "was", is what they say to be true
don't, please don't, let they ever be you
who are they to say what must be?
cause it doesn't always appear that way to me

I've changed a lot in the last few minutes
Just imagine how I've changed in the last few years

I am now, not what I once was, I'll never be again

Yet at times I still surprise myself
with wild hopes
and dreams beyond my fears

Apart from what they may say...
Does it have to be make believe?
Does it have to be play?

And what if this isn't at all pretend?
Can't I live this happiness until the end?

I understand why they say it's no good
to believe in the legends of Arthur and Hood
You can't base your life on things that aren't real
You must fend for yourself, beg, borrow, steal...
look out for old number one is the rant
cause who'll take care of you once you've given til you can't

Legends they may be and not worth a cent
But I'll take a happier life, than just workin for the rent

To often now, we silence our dreams
we've forgotten how to listen
though everything in us screams...

for something that we believe
we're never able to attain
not remembering, nor realizing
what in our dreams we may be seeing
a bit of a life
from whence we came

Can we, could we, should we,
return to it again?

No comments: