Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Little Faith

I'm not here to convince you,
not here to change your mind.
But that doesn't mean that I don't believe.
And my wish, my hope,
is that someday you'll believe it too.
Until that day,
though I may sway,
I'll do my best to stay.
And even in that,
I know that I would fail,
except for strength from above,
granted by grace, that allows me to stand.

~~~

I'm finding it hard to be me
when I'm worried about who she wants me to be
and then I fear that she doesn't like me
doesn't like me, because she doesn't know me
can't know me, because I'm not me
I don't know, what I've become
I've fallen to pieces
trying to give her something, she never even asked for
something that should never exist
cause it's just my imagination of her list

~~~

I gotta get my head on straight
this girl's spinning it 'round.
Gotta find a way to steady my weight
get both feet firmly planted on the ground.
But it's hard when my mind starts thinkin that it's fate
and honestly, I really like that sound.
But for now I'll wait here by the gate
'til she looks out, and I'm found.

No comments: