Thursday, January 17, 2008

Please, Can I Stay?

I reached out and took her hand. "Let's go!"
"It's raining" She said
I smiled, and, with a little wink, stated "It's ok, we'll run"

She held tight to my hand and didn't let go. "That was fun." She said, a little out of breath from the run. I was out of breath also.
"Where should we sit?" She asked, looking up at me with those big dark eyes.
I looked around the room. "Over there by the fire,"I said. "We can dry off."
She didn't let go of my hand until we sat down. And then she looked at me and asked, "What are you thinkin about?" Then she smiled.
I didn't know what to say.
"I think this is a dream, and I'll be sad to wake up and leave. It's like walking away." I said.
"It'll be ok." She said, and she grabbed my hand squeezing it just a little. "Someday..."
Then I woke.
I wish I could have chosen not to go.

No comments: