Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Trip Wrap Up

It was a really good trip. Just to recap... After we left the Harfst's in Huttenberg, we went to Munich for a day, then to Salzburg, Austria for four days, we then took a train to Berlin and spent a day there... after that we went to Oldenburg, where Val works and lives. Katie and I spent a couple days there before taking the train back to the Harft's, where we stayed the last three days before flying home.

Upon returning to the U.S. I went to Eugene for five days, and got to hang out with Tommy Howard a bit, and was able to sit in on some classes at Gutenberg, which were mostly about the French Revolution... some very interesting stuff...

I went to Portland last friday and stayed with some friends, went and watched the movie "Juno" which was very good. Had a wonderful time at Mcmenamins, I absolutely LOVE that resturant, and their beer!


Then on Sunday I flew back to Boise... Easier said than done, because we flew all the way here to Boise, but it was really foggy, so we couldn't land. We circled for about 20 minutes, tried to land, almost did, but had to abort... flew all the way back to Portland, refueled and flew back... It was still foggy, but not as bad as it had been, so we were able to land, and I was finally home!


And that was the trip. I'm really happy I went. It was just about the perfect amount of time, and I'm glad to be home and safe.


Matt

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You, my sisters, my German brothers, the only thing missing was me! So jealous.