Sunday, February 3, 2008

We, The People

I look at our society and I wonder how can we continue on? with all this sprawl, and the spending... I look at our economy and wonder, with all the jobs that are getting shipped out of this country, and the majority of the growth being in sales and food service, can we really continue to support this way of life? I don't think that we can.

Our dollar is falling, which is why prices continue to rise, but our wage increases are severely lagging. And it seems to me like we are just continuing on as if this is all going to somehow even out down the line. Or are we to afraid to admit that we need help?

We are Nine Trillion dollars in debt, 9 Trillion dollars! How long can we continue this, before we have to pay up? And how will we be expected to pay? what if we don't pay? What if we can't pay?

There are answers to these problems, but no easy fixes. And we can't solely rely on the government to fix it. We all need to realize what we are headed for and prepare.

Am I painting too grim a picture? Am I overeacting, or giving into unwarranted fear? I wish that I was, but my fear is that I am not, and that even I don't understand just how bad it already is, or what it will take to turn this around.

More to come...

Matt

No comments: