Sunday, February 3, 2008

To The World

This is to the world,
I'm not into your crazy games
I don't want your riches
you can keep your fame

This is to you (to no one in particular, to you all)
Do you know you're pretty?
You're beautiful...
Do you really,
believe that I cannot see?

What is it that you expect (if anything) from me?
I dream of all that we could be...
Do you want to see?
Do you think you'll hurt me?
Or are you scared of what
I might turn out to be?
Do you think the me you know,
is some strong dishonesty?

Back to the world...
You think you know it all,
but everything you've ever built
we read the history of it's fall

Yet you tell us how to live,
you've made up rules
that we're to follow.
This is true and right and good,
it's wrong if it's not taught in schools.

You coerce religion into believing your lie
then they hit us with their rules
if we don't bow and follow, we die

I'm just one person
trying to live out my days
in peace and harmony
in fair and just ways

Back to you, for one last go...
That pain you fear feeling
that's life, as it flows,
above and below

You can't unintentionally inflict it
anymore than you can steal it away
you and I will get our share
if we choose to live and play

I don't know how to end this,
this lifelong rant,
I try to reach for them, but they're gone...
my thoughts...
just slowly...
fading away...
gone... gone...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Is this something you wrote? Or song lyrics? I like your honesty boy.