Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Drugged

Here's something that I wrote in my journal the other day, and it has come up several times in the last week while talkin with friends.

Drugs are our answer to every fear, numbing the pain and stopping the tears. We don't have to learn how to deal, just pop a pill and all those nasty thoughts fade into haze.

Just suppress my heart, silence it's voice, I can't take it anymore. It's always right but I refuse to listen, turn the music up and follow the beat of the drum, everything blends into one, nothing matters, more than love, which I try to forget, ignore, move without, but it's like a shout, will this block it out? Turn it black as it disappears, all I hear is the beat of the drum, is this true fun? From it all I run, faster than a silver bullet reflecting the sun. Is there pain at the end? Or just tears that rain over freshly dug earth? That's the goal, no pain in birth. We conquer death by never living, just learning the beat of the drum.
Life is good, fear is pain, pain is terrible and drugs cure the sane. Good are the drugs that cure the pain and make life numb

The drugs that our society relies upon to function makes me sick.
That it is the most common answer to humanities behavioral problems is horrible.
And then we wonder why athletes take steroids and other performance enhancing drugs. The answer, they say, is because as young people see the older athletes take the drugs, they take them. But I say the answer is in any common American's bathroom.

Get off the drugs! Learn to eat healthy and figure out why you feel the way you do. Why are you angry, why are you sad?

Matt

P.S. It's not my intention to offend any if you, my friends, I know that some of you probably use drugs of some sort. I'm not saying that you're a bad person or anything like that. All I'm saying is that, there are other ways, and I just encourage you to try those ways first. i.e. diet, vitamins...
My beef is with our "drug it now" society.

Thanks, as always, for reading, and I'm sorry if I offend.

Matt

No comments: