Monday, April 21, 2008

Polaroids Of The Future Don't Exist

All pictures are of the past.
Here in the present - never view a half empty glass
Most things seldom last.
Believe it or not - Life moves fast.
There's purpose in all that has passed.
What was, what is, and what will be -
is at times a matter of the view - see?

Not in you my friends - in me, there do be
but I can't see through your eyes
though your question hangs thick
what is this disguise, why are we converted to spies?
Not for the sake deceit or of lies
it's donned with heavy heart and sighs
little by little - it's breaking away
would that I could quicken the pace
bringing to the front my true face

alas, this is not to be the case
no... Polaroids of the future don't exist
it becomes clear at the same rate as we...
...wait through those minutes. wait and see

so I'm waiting also - to see what I've become
I'm waiting also - to figure what I've done
- to realize what I must do
- to step back far enough
- to see the entire view
of me and you

Just give it this little bit of time
after that we'll figure out - not if, but - how we rhyme

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This is beautiful.