Friday, April 4, 2008

Imaginating, Imitating, Immobilising

Take this brush, this quill
paint us all some imagery
as the words become
photos in our heads
little pictures
snapshots in our minds
of far of places
long lost times

missing those moments
we'll rise and fall with the waves
and when we return to shore
we'll try it again once more
to find happiness, to be saved

build another life
based on another dream
a different dream, yet not so strange
will this stand or fall against the waves
swept once more out to sea
swept once more out to dream

dreaming as we float away
miles away from all we once knew
all we once thought we knew
you knew me and I knew you
neither one could comprehend the view

surging round in this whirlpool of life
fighting hard to live without strife
no war, we want peace
or something close at least

somewhere in the night we fight
you win, I wander
vanquished, on my own
I return , we atone
I'll not leave you alone

No comments: