Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pieces of Art or of a Ticklish Heart

This is a mess, but to much to just erase. So you may view them, in all their shattered thought processes and maybe someday I'll expound on one or more. Enjoy.

There were moments
not so long ago
I dreamed of things
I never thought would be true
things that only live in dreams
not existing is this world it seems
and though I can't remember it all
I think it was of you, I dreamed
of things we'd do
of places we'd go

happiness is ignorance
as we live, we learn
studying to make ourselves sick
trying to extend our dying moments
by a hundred or more years

my heart headed west years ago
leaving me alone in tears
as it wanders the coast
I'm still sittin here waitin
for it to come home
come on home
and don't leave me alone
can't you see I miss you
can't you hear it in my voice
see it reflected in your eyes

I'm finding out a few new things
about wizards, kings and golden rings

I have a ticklish heart
I can't help but laugh
even as it tears me apart

every tear has a solitary meaning
this one is happy, that one sad
every fear has it's own tear
from the past years
I wanna torch the fears
burn them all away

she played chopsticks
and I tapped my foot in time
no matter the words we spoke
we couldn't help but rhyme

No comments: