Friday, May 22, 2009

Etc.

I can't believe how the time flies by... so long since my last post, and I think back on all that's kept me busy and find that it's quite the average list... Not something that most of you would find interesting. So I thought I'd just post a couple of my opinions on movies I've seen and books I've read in the last few months... and new music that I've found cool.

Music first, since it's on the brain at the moment...

Dan Wilson, the Lead singer for Semisonic released a few solo songs after the band broke up. I found that out a few days ago, and he's got a couple cool songs I found. I've always liked Semisonic a lot and felt that they never got their due. 'Breathless' is one of the tracks.

Ever heard of 'The Features' ? another very cool band, found out about them a couple months ago. A couple favorite tracks are: 'The Idea of Growing Old', 'Lions' and 'Me and the Skirts'
I really like everything I've heard of theirs so far.

If you, like me, are not a very big fan of the hip-hop genre, I think you may be pleasantly surprised by 'Hilltop Hoods' an Aussie group. I was.
'The Nosebleed Section' and 'Dumb Enough?' are two fine examples.

And to wrap up, the new album by 'Green Day', '21st Century Breakdown' is quite good. I've already listened to it several times, it's the type that grows on you over time, I think, though I liked it pretty well the first time. Also, 'Ben Harper' has a new album too, with 'The Relentless 7' I've only heard a couple tracks, but what I have heard is some really good 'Ben'

On to Movies: (How'm I doin so far?)

Just watched 'Slumdog Millionaire' on Wednesday night for the first time... I have to say, it deserved all the praise it got and then some... I can't believe the main actor didn't get nominated. I like things like that, with destiny and stuff.
"d. It was written"

Last night I watched 'Joe vs. The Volcano', which I found out, I'd seen half of before... It's a later '80's flick with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks, pretty good I must say.
Makes me want to live in awe of life and everything around me, not be one of the so many who are asleep their whole life.

Also warched 'Hot Fuzz', for the third or fourth time, a week or so ago. I love, love , love it.
A bit of British comedy mixed into a who-dun-it. I highly recommend. Though do be careful, there is a fair bit of grisly-ness when the crimes happen.

A couple Movies I'm looking forward to:

'Year One' (Jack Black and Michael Cera)
'Public Enemies' (Christian Bale and Johnny Depp)
'Moon' (Sam Rockwell)

And I've run out of time... next time I'll talk Books. I've done a fair bit of reading since last we talked... mostly good stuff.

Until next time. Appreciate each moment, Life is awesome... even when it's hard.

Peace,

Matti

P.S. keep an eye out for more frequent posts here... I'll make an effort to be more consistent, and as always, I appreciate any kind of feedback :)

3 comments:

Becky said...

So glad it's summer so we see you more often. Would like to know what you think of the new Star Trek movie. I guess that will depend on what your previous Star Trek experience is.

Trespasser said...

Finally. I'd given up hope.

Sarah said...

Yeah!